Our approach is simple: We listen to you.
You're in the driver's seat. We provide the data, research, history, and relationships to help you make gifts that have the greatest impact. Our work together is formed by your passions, your goals, and your vision for change.
We are generalists. We know how to ask the right questions and find the answers. We connect you with the experts, so your grants are informed by the best thinking in the field and a knowledge of what works and what doesn't.
As you'll see in the resources below, we believe that the most successful giving models are customized, break down big problems into manageable parts, and provide a vision for success. That's what we'll help you do.
- How Individual Donors Can Help Build Movements. Stanford Social Innovation Review. January 7, 2016
- A New Model of Philanthropy. Wealth Management. Apr 24, 2014.
- Meeting Your Family Where it is: An Approach to Philanthropy to Bring (and Keep) Families Together. Giving in LA. April 2, 2013.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Los Angeles Chapter: "Demystifying Philanthropy – Insights for Major Gifts Fundraisers." (2018)
- Advisors in Philanthropy: “Women in Philanthropy.” (2017)
- San Diego Grantmakers: “Moving Mountains by Building Movements.” (2016)
- CalCPA Education Foundation: “Philanthropy in the Entertainment Industry.” (2016)
- Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors and Southern California Grantmakers: “The Future of LGBTQ Philanthropy: What’s Next?” (2015)
- Southern California Center for Nonprofit Management: “Making the Leap while Making a Difference: Interview with Dr. Robert Ross” (2015)
- Bank of the West Philanthropy Awards: ““Inspiration, Innovation, and Impact.” (2014)
- Citibank: “Women in Philanthropy” luncheon. (2014)
- Lido Consulting Family Office Investment Symposium: “Philanthropic Update.” (2013)
- Hebrew Union College Lunch & Learn Encounter Series: “Trends in (Jewish) Philanthropy: Perspectives of the Philanthropic Professional” (2013)
- Southern California Grantmakers. “Fundamentals in Grantmaking Series: The Balancing Act: Managing the Challenges of Grantmaking.” (2012 - 2015)
- Southern California Grantmakers. “Family Foundation Information Exchange: Making Change Happen: Creating an Outcome-based Strategy.” (2013)
- Jewish Family Services SMART Philanthropy Series. “Giving that Makes a Difference: The Joy of Giving While Living: A Conversation with Richard and Lois Gunther.” (2011)
- Council on Foundations Family Philanthropy Conference: “Is Giving in Perpetuity Right for Your Family?” (2010)